NATURE EXPLORE™ PROJECT
A growing body of evidence is showing how critically important it is for children to spend time outdoors. A positive outdoor experience can impact health, social-emotional development, problem solving, attention span, self-discipline and self-concept.
The Dimensions Educational Research Foundation and the Arbor Day Foundation have developed a process for establishing Nature Explore™ classrooms in a variety of types of facilities. A partnership project has been developed to provide support for outdoor classrooms in Nebraska. The Nebraska AEYC is a partner in this project, and is providing support for the sites. Support includes:
- A visit from a landscape architect-educator team to help develop a concept plan for the outdoor space.
- A copy of the book, Learning with Nature, to aid in the collaborative design work.
- Training at a Nature Explore™ workshop
- Follow-up support from designated staff at Nebraska AEYC or the Early Childhood Training Center.
- A chance to become one of the first certified Nature Explore™ classrooms in the country.
For more information visit NatureExplore.org, a collaborative project of the Arbor Day foundation and Dimensions Educational Research Foundation. Find profiles of the certified classrooms, as well as much additional information.
For more information, contact:
- Nancy Rosenow, Director of Dimensions Foundation, (402) 476-8304 or firstname.lastname@example.org
“All water has a perfect memory and is forever trying to get back to where it was.”
….Sir Winston Churchill